Saturday 16 May 2015

Fitness Friday

I was in such a good mood this day! Weather want too hot or too cold in the morning, which east perfect !! We were given a chance to chose either running intervals around the lower field or yoga. I was really really REALLY hoping I would do the running interval... But Sneha and Neeha remembered that I my knee was nowhere near okay so dragged me into yoga.. Yoga was also the recommended fitness that Mr.Neufeld placed me to do just so I don't put anymore pressure than I already have before on my knees. (I was just being really stubborn, wanting to run). We started with some simple yoga poses and as time goes by the complexity of the poses and actions being told to be done were getting more complicated, therefore challenging us to push forward. Doing yoga wasn't too bad  as I thought it would have been. I discovered that I'm able to put plant my feet over  my head, talk my head with my foot and many more. I already knew that I was quite flexible but it was great that I discovered and learned new ways to improve my flexibility. After yoga, I honestly felt so sleepy especially due to the fact we ended yoga laying down on the mat for almost 2 minutes. I wouldn't mind doing yoga again but it wouldn't be my first choice.. But I found it very calming and relaxing to do after a long week filled with homework and tests.! 

1 comment:

  1. The slow stability poses like warrior 1-3 are exactly what your knee needs. They build strength around your joints without the impact of dance or jumping. I'm glad your friends helped you be positive as that is often what you do for others.

    ReplyDelete