Thursday 21 May 2015

Choice Day

Alrighty! We had a few activities planned out for us which we had to chose to do. Our choices were capture the flag, badminton, indoor ball hockey and weight room. I chose to go to the weight room. I didn't actually lift and use any of the equipment upstairs, but I did dance! I thought that it would be a great day to finally start creating choreo for my cousin's cotillion dance on her Debut and surprise dance performance for her by her cotillioners. A Debut is an entering to womanhood event when a teenage girl turns 18 on her birthday. Firstly, I did a light warm up by doing butt kicks, high knees, lunges, squats and jumping jacks. Secondly, I started listening to the song mix my other cousin put together for her cotillion and surprise production, from there I started thinking of choreo ideas. Honestly, it was so much harder than I expected to create 2 separate choreo. But I tried to put a few pieces together and ended up finishing 1/4 of the choreo for the cotillion and a little bit of the surprise production. After all the dancing I had done I felt so sweaty due to high temperature in the weight room and my legs (especially my knee) were getting a bit shaky because I haven't put that much pressure towards my legs/ knee in weeks. This is definitely a work in progress and I can't wait till I'm able to finish everything and I can finally teach the choreo because the Debut is approaching real quick. LOL

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I have never heard of a cotillion? I want to learn more. I there a party? Lot's of performances? All family or professionals too? Is there presents and stuff?

    ReplyDelete