Monday 8 June 2015

Final Assessment Portfolio

Participation: 
Althroughout the semester I have always came prepared to class with gym clothes and runners, sometimes I  change out of these clothes after PE to prevent myself from smelling and feeling nasty the entire day xD I tried not to ever sit out during activities also in  Fitness even with my injuries because I still want to be able to participate with a few modifications. I ALMOST always try to do activities with positivity, effort and hella lot of motivation also towards activities im unfamiliar with. An example of this is when we played tchoukball, I had no idea what this activity was so I was quite clueless when I first played it. But I ended up loving the activity and I especially enjoyed it when the girls in our class came together and played it with our own rules that we've slightly modified. My skills towards some activities are limited because most of the activities we had done this semester were very new and unfamiliar to me, nonetheless it never stopped me from trying, enjoying and participating fully on the activity. On choice days I try to always choose what's best fitting for my goal or what I'm only able to do with my injured knee. Another good example is when we did locomotion outside on the lower field; That was the first fitness I've done properly in almost a month so I pushed myself pretty hard which also had caused my knee to cramp therefore, I had to stop a few times to rest my knee towards the end of it. I was proud of myself that day because I knew I really pushed myself in a good way that I felt good after the workout and in bad way that my knee was in so much pain. I believe i deserve a 20% in this category.

Social Responsibility and Contribution to the Class:
Throughout this semester I've to talked to every one in class even if it's just once or twice throughout the semester. I did struggle quite a bit trying to approach the guys in our class and being able to voice out my opinion when they were taking lead, but all is good. During games i try my best to get everyone involved in the activity and make sure they enjoy as much the rest of class do. For example during a choice day Neeha and myself took lead in splitting up the teams and explains how the activity worked. During the game I tried to talk to the grade8/9 girls who were alone or even just the once that didn't look interested in playing the activity and convinced them to go up at least twice and actually participate fully on the game, which they did !! Also one time before I got all injured we had a choice on either playing hockey or going up in the weight room; I decided to go up in the weight room and asked Miriam if she wanted to join me since she didn't really have anyone to go with. OH MAAAN Ima just say it was one of my favourite gym days because I was able to get to know her and seeing her trying her best to follow along with my workouts just truly inspired me. Ever since grade8 I've always been 100% honest about my fitness scoring when I'm being asked because there shouldn't be a reason for me to be lie or hide about my fitness scores because the only person I'd be lying to is myself. Im personally fine if I'm getting 8 on a beep test and not 10+ because I know that my body ain't made for that xD but I do know my strengths. No shame I actually love my body, I have my weaknesses and I have my strengths but don't we all... Ima be honest and say I actually love my "weaknesses" because of these I'm able to challenge myself and strive for improvement. For these reasons i believe i deserve a 21% in this category.

Healthy Living:
This semester I've learned a lot about my body and how to live a healthy life physically even after PE10. Previously  I did not care at all about being "healthy" and taking an active role in my health because I used to be in most of the sports clubs and even dance from grade8-9 when I was still in JH. It was just this year that I started with my goals of boosting my stamina and keeping a good pace to prolong my runs; I've improved in this area a lot because going to practices for Rugby helps with this because most of our warm ups and activities that we do to practice for our games are types that helps us to keep running throughout the duration of the game without stopping. About 2-3 months ago I've started a routine of doing at home workouts by Blogilates at least 4 times a week, going for a run if it's a good day and going on hikes more often as summer season approaches. This summer Ima try to improve on my healthy diet which right now it ain't that good, so it'll be my goal to improve that by the end of summer vacation ! Overall I know that I've learned so much about my body than I ever did in any this year and I've grown to make better choices about my health, which include somewhat better diet plan, regular workouts fitting for my goals and dancing of course xD. Overall i deserve a 22% in this category. 


Digital Portfolio and Reflective Skills:
Throughout the semester I am constantly posting in my blog with digital evidence of my workouts and activities that I mention . I tried posting atleast once a week but missed some weeks without posting blogs for no reason, therefore I try to make up for it by posting 2 the following week. Ive blogged all my fitness scores with proper reasoning as to why the outcome of my fitness test results are the way they are. I have also blogged about my personal workouts and activities I've done with my sister, and friends. I try to have images with my posts and I will TRY to post more evidence on my future posts fort the remaining of the semester. Overall I think I deserve 22% in this category because i think that most of my posts are quality blogs that I try to elaborately explain how activities happen and what I felt after the activity or workout and attempt to provide evidence of i remember to, however i have yet  reached the goal of 30 posts so Ima be working on that. 


Overall:85%
 Oh maan. I'm pretty choked it's almost the end of the semester and that PE10 is coming to an end. Gym class is probably my favourite class this semester considering my other class I dread going to but when it comes to PE I'm always looking forward coming to class. Ima be honest I was kinda scared the first week or so because it was my first time having PE in sulli so I didn't know if the gym trashed were gonna be strict or like fun. Mr. Neufeld actually intimidated me because he is a fairly big guy considering I'm hella short. But now I learned that all PE teacher's purpose is to make sure that we teeanagers make healthy choice in our lives because we usual gravitate towards what's convince by which isn't the most healthy for us. I've also learned that I should really stop putting pressure on my knee and listening to Mr.Neuf about resting it rather than pressuring it. Also I've learned that I'm able to set a goal and achive it if i work hard and I live up to it. I'm sad that this semester is almost at its end, but I will never forget the lessons I've learned along the way. Mr. Neuf you're so da awesome for always motivating us to work harder each day. U DA REAL MVP for putting up with a bunch of rowdy grade10s.. U SURVIVED  xD 

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha… you don't know what rowdy is. This class was a breeze. Thank you for your thoughtful response. I have really enjoyed seeing you try so hard to make good choices about your body but also look to be a part of as much as you could. You have inspired a number of girls in our class and you were listed as a leader and motivator by several people. I like your comment about being okay with yourself. It is a tricky balance but crucial to being happy AND improving ourselves. I think you have maturing attitude towards health and your blog was balanced in all of the categories. You had a great year despite being hurt and I am pumped to see you again next year after rehabbing your knee (properly … as per physio directions). :) I gave you 88 so let's split it at 87. Have an awesome summer.

    ReplyDelete